"Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Momma Moonbat Has Had Enough

Well, well, well. Momma Moonbat, aka Cindy Sheehan, has decided she has had enough. Either she has finally realized that she was a mere pawn and face of the looney left or life's realities have finally caught up with her. She has apparently realized that the movement she had embraced "often puts personal egos above peace and human life.”

As a mother that has lost a child in the service of our country, she deserves respect and anything needed to help her heal. As a willing advocate of liberal defeatism, she deserves whatever has happened in her life. She made the choice to dishonor her family and country by her actions. We all are accountible for our actions.

On one hand, I hurt for Cindy because I, too, have lost a child though not to the honorable service that Cindy's son, Casey, did. No one understands what it is to lose a child except those that have lost one. On the other hand, Cindy sacrificed the rest of her family to the altar of liberal defeatism and became a political pawn in the elite left's drive to bring America to it's knees. They have used her and have now tossed her aside. Will someone on the left step up now and pay her delinquent medical bills as a way of saying thanks for being a pawn? Don't hold your breath.

Here are some notable quotes from Cindy's "resignation".
“However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the 'left' started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used.”

“I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of 'right or left', but 'right and wrong,'”

"I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost."

"I have also reached the conclusion that if I am doing what I am doing because I am an "attention whore" then I really need to be committed. I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. If an individual wants both, then normally he/she is not willing to do more than walk in a protest march or sit behind his/her computer criticizing others. I have spent every available cent I got from the money a "grateful" country gave me when they killed my son and every penny that I have received in speaking or book fees since then. I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings. I have been called every despicable name that small minds can think of and have had my life threatened many times."
I am glad she has stepped out of the game. She has done a lot of damage. But I think she is broken and has not learned the lessons of her mistakes.

UPDATE 5/29/07 1:20 PM:

Be watching for the announcement for an autobiography book deal soon.


UPDATE 5/29/07 2:27 PM:

Here's an interesting article about Cindy and her decision to leave the Democratic party.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home